Thursday, November 29, 2012

Swept Away

This has been such a dramatic month!  
I experienced my very first hurricane and then moved back to Michigan, all within a week.

I sketched the idea for this dress in NYC while I was hiding from Hurricane Sandy in my friend Fiona's apartment.





























Sketches and Inspiration


Central Park is one of my favorite places in NYC. Everywhere you looked is gorgeous, especially once the leaves start changing colors!


Sandro Botticelli's "The Birth of Venus" 
I used a dress that my friend Emily was going to throw away and combined it with fabric scraps and embellishments that I had leftover from school and that I brought home from New York.  




It's all about making something out of nothing!  Like this dress, I'm excited to combine my school and Michigan experiences with what I learned in New York and hopefully come up with something amazing...the show will go on! 

Thank you to my NYC friends who made this dress happen!

Emily donated the dress, here she is in her hurricane survival outfit!
Fiona, who let me weather the storm in her lovely apartment.
Our stylish mattress barricade against the hurricane winds



No comments:

Post a Comment